Restorative & Cosmetic Dentistry
Dr. Johnson Hagood has achieved the status of being one of the highest acclaimed and credentialed dentists in Southern Florida, and he provides the residents of Vero Beach, the Treasure Coast, Space Coast, and Palm Beaches with some of the finest restorative and cosmetic dental services available in the world today. Visitors, from across the nation and around the world, come to Vero Beach to consult with him and receive exquisite smile makeovers and whole mouth rehabilitation in his care.
Dr. Hagood is proud to be one of the less than 450 dentists in the world to be recognized by the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry as an Accredited Cosmetic Dentist. As a past president of the Florida chapter of this prestigious academy, he actively participates in committees of its governance and the development of continuing education programs in cosmetic dentistry.
From the Simple to the Complex, Vero Beach Art of Dentistry Is Here for You
You may want simple cosmetic enhancements or you may need extensive restorative treatments to give you a stunning smile. But, because you want your dentistry to predictably last and please you in the years to come, Dr. Hagood always plans treatment for longevity. If you have significant issues or several issues to be addressed, he will plan a comprehensive sequence of procedures to maximize your oral health, comfort, function, and esthetics. Whether you decide to pursue comprehensive treatment as quickly as possible or over a more extended period–perhaps, even years, you will be on the path of optimal care.
Because Dr. Hagood focuses on quality and what is in your best interest, he will spend significant time paying close attention to details during your diagnostic workup, treatment planning, and treatment. Among the many restorative and cosmetic procedures performed at Vero Beach Art of Dentistry are the following. Dr. Hagood will discuss these and additional options with you, based upon your needs and goals.
Some of Our Restorative & Cosmetic Dental Services
- The Trial Smile — Dr. Hagood can apply temporary composite veneers to the front of your teeth to help you visualize how your teeth will look after cosmetic treatment. This trial will help you decide whether you will proceed with treatment before making a large investment in your smile. Dr. Hagood is one of only a few dentists who have developed expertise in this procedure and perform it on a regular basis. The procedure does not require modification of your teeth, and the veneers are easily removed.
- Teeth Whitening — With in-office whitening we can whiten your teeth in one convenient session. At Vero Beach Art of Dentistry, we offer both the relatively low cost Sinsational Smile technique and KöR Deep Bleaching. Both bleaching systems were selected by Dr. Hagood for their effectiveness in producing optimal results.
- Porcelain Veneers — Dr. Hagood has specialized training in advanced porcelain veneer bonding technology that has allowed him to successfully place thousands of low-prep and no-prep micro-thin veneers since 1990. Porcelain veneers can be used to cover chips, cracks, and discoloration; increase the length or width of teeth for esthetic uniformity; close slight gaps; and even fix mildly crooked teeth. Porcelain has the translucence and reflectivity of natural tooth enamel and comes in an extensive range of shades. Dr. Hagood have expertise in the art of color matching and shading, and teaches other dentists in the art of working with porcelain restorations.
- No-prep Microthin Veneers—Today’s methods and materials allow cosmetic dentists with highly developed skills to treat many patients with no-prep veneers and have long-lasting exquisite results. Dr. Hagood is one of these rare dentists.
- Composite Bonding—Like porcelain veneers, high-grade composite material can be bonded to the front of teeth to cover chips, cracks, and discoloration; increase the length or width of teeth for esthetic uniformity; close slight gaps; and even fix mildly crooked teeth. This is a more affordable treatment than porcelain veneers, but is not as durable or lifelike in appearance. Oftentimes, Dr. Hagood uses composite bonding to transition patients to the appropriate time in their treatment sequence and/or budget for definitive treatment with more durable porcelain restorations. The composite bonding is a temporary (or “provisional”) stop gap in their comprehensive treatment.
- Custom Crowns — When a tooth is too damaged, the most appropriate restoration is a crown that encases the entire tooth above its roots. Prior to placing a porcelain crown, a root canal procedure may be required to clear infection from the tooth’s roots and pack them with sealing material. Dr. Hagood designs custom-fabricated and shaded crowns that match the surrounding teeth. Crowns can be made of all porcelain, porcelain fused to titanium, porcelain fused to zirconium, all zirconium, and gold. Multiple considerations go into which type Dr. Hagood recommends (for example, visibility when you smile, the function the tooth performs, and cost). You can expect your crown(s) to fit perfectly, function harmoniously in your bite, blend naturally with your smile, and last a long time. For most lifelike crowns, Dr. Hagood takes pride in making exquisite all-ceramic crowns.
- Fillings, Inlays and Onlays —These restorations are used for repairing cavities and other significant enamel damage on teeth that do not require an entire crown. Durable, tooth-colored composite fillings and porcelain inlays and onlays are used for restorations on teeth that show when you smile. More durable cast gold restorations can be used to repair posterior teeth, such as second molars that do not show when you smile.
- Invisalign® Treatment — Dr. Hagood is a certified provider of Invisalign treatment. Removable clear aligners are used to gradually move tooth roots into the optimal position for occlusal function, optimal oral hygiene, restoration of teeth, and an esthetic smile. Adult patients choose this treatment more than any other for orthodontic treatment because of its comfort, ease, and near invisibility.
- Tooth-Colored Ceramic Braces —When Invisalign is not the best way to orthodontically treat a mouth, Dr. Hagood uses tooth-colored ceramic brackets and frosted wires to move teeth into alignment. Tooth-colored ceramic braces are less visible than traditional metal ones. Because Dr. Hagood has expertise in orthodontic treatment, his patients rarely need to go to another office to be treated by an Orthodontist (orthodontic specialist).
- Esthetic Gum Contouring — The contours of the gum line can be reshaped to create a more symmetrical and naturally esthetic appearance. A gummy smile can be corrected with a gum lift that increases the vertical exposure of the upper front teeth.
- Esthetic Tooth Contouring — Using a polishing instrument, Dr. Hagood can remove small amounts of enamel to improve the shape and esthetics of your teeth. Composite bonding is another quick method for modifying the shape of a tooth.
- Dental Implants — When a tooth or teeth are lost or must be removed, a dental implant provides a stable, safe and comfortable support for an implant crown or multi-unit bridge. In the case of a full denture, it can be supported on as few as four implants. The benefits of implant treatment, including the longevity of the treatment, makes implant treatment today’s highest standard of care. Implant treatments achieved by Dr. Hagood and his preferred implant surgeons have had greater success than the national average of 95% success.
- Traditional Tooth Replacement Procedures — Depending on your needs and goals, traditional restorative procedures that predate today’s highest standard of implant treatment may be used to replace missing teeth. These procedures include traditional fixed bridges (crown and bridge treatment), removable partial dentures, and removable complete dentures.
- TMD Treatment & Occlusal Adjustment —The temporomandibular joint disorders (TMD) and excessive wear Dr. Hagood sees on many teeth and restorations are due to the way the individual’s teeth come together, especially if the patient grinds his or her teeth at night and/or clenches teeth under stress. Through his extensive postdoctoral training at The Pankey Institute, Dawson Academy, and Spear Education, Dr. Hagood has become one of Florida’s most accomplished dentists in the area of TMD (TMJ) diagnosis and treatment. At Vero Beach Art of Dentistry, accurate diagnosis for planning the most effective TMD therapy and occlusal correction is facilitated by T-Scan technology. When occlusal harmony is achieved, oral health improves and the restorative and cosmetic treatments you receive are more likely to last long into the future.
If you want a compassionate dentist to care for your every need—from a simple checkup and cleaning … to restoration of a tooth that needs a filling or a crown … to replacement of a missing tooth … to solving multiple oral health problems … to cosmetic procedures to enhance your smile, we will focus on you as a special person deserving the best of care. Call Vero Beach Art of Dentistry today!